Random

Well, we made it out and back to Dayton for Kak's graduation. It's 16 hrs. round trip, so I'm very glad we were able to leave the kids behind for the weekend! They had a great time here. One of the highlights of the trip was going bowling last night. There were 10 of us, all Dan's family, (including his 80-something grandmother!) who went from about 9-midnight, and it was a BLAST!! I haven't had so much in ages. :)

I am homeschooling Will this fall for K. I'm using the Sonlight program, which I am totally excited about. I almost wish school started sooner. :b

The landscaping around here is coming along. Last week we planted two azaleas, two forsythias, a dogwood tree, and two lilac bushes. I have two little blueberry bushes yet to go in. The yard is getting seeded this week (goodbye, dusty desert!), so in a few weeks, things should be looking really ship-shape outdoors. In the meantime, the kids and I made a little play area at the edge of the woods under a big old pine tree. They have their kids chairs up there, and we made a little rock "fire ring" together. They love playing up there, which is great for me-- it's much cleaner!!

I'm getting impatient for our adoption. Dan's sister and her husband just got a referral for a biracial little boy due at the end of August! I am SOOOO excited for them. I just took a bunch of my boys' cute infant stuff out to her. I love babies. :)

Tucker (our 16-ish week old puppy) is doing so well. He hardly ever has accidents inside (unless I forget to take him out, which I don't do too often! :)) and the kids adore him. Tristan loves to wrap his arms around him and say "Tucker my buddy" over and over. :)

Well I guess that's it for now. More soon! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Growing pains

Saturday 7 (x2)

June-Sept. 2017 Recap. (Yikes!)