Ok, so it's been awhile...

Here is is, already mid-Spetember! Here're a few snapshots of what's going on in my life (and head. :)) in no particular order!

:: Homeschool with Will is in full-swing! We just started week 4. We are using Sonlight's K program and we are both LOVING it! From phonics to math to history and social studies (and really, a lot more!), I really, really enjoy teaching the material, and he loves the books and the mental/book work. Science is already his favorite. Today we read about fossils and the two different ways they're formed, and then made our own fossils (from baking soda, cornstarch and water). It's so cute to see him get so into it. We also just finished reading the first book in the Boxcar Children series, which he loved as well. The younger two have only had only really had "off" morning; usually they are happy to play together in the other room while Will and I work together. I am so happy (and relieved!) that schooling has gotten off to a smooth start for us!

:: Dan and I are celebrating 9 years of marriage on Wednesday! I can't believe we're this close to 10 years. That's insane! :) He officially wins the award for the BEST gift ever-- he got me a Kindle! I am so super excited about it! I love to read, and have eyed the Kindle longingly for years (tech-geek that I am), but I had NO idea that he knew! I am not the most subtle hint-dropper, haha. So as soon as I'm off here, I'm gonna go play some more with my sweet new toy. :D

:: I'm assistant coach to Will's U7 soccer team. It's a blast. He loves it and I love it and it's so much fun working with the eager, energetic boys on skills that -- lo and behold-- are not as rusty as I thought they might be!

:: Dan and I are running a 5k together on Saturday. He asked me to do it with him two weeks ago, and I promptly threw myself headlong into training (read: running) nearly every day since. Only twice have I pushed it too hard (and paid for it by puking: ugh!) But I am pretty happy that I've gone from zero cardio strength (I hadn't run since last fall!) to being able to run 3 miles at a fairly decent pace... but we'll see how I do on Saturday. I'm also planning to do another 5k with a friend at the end of October. Hopefully I'll be able to kick up my times in the next month. Ha. We'll see. :)

:: The kids and I are loving this beautiful fall weather. After a somewhat lousy summer (as far as hot sunny days went), the crisp & cool weather we're having these days seems very right, and it's inspired recent dinners like shepherd's pie, parmesan chicken and chicken pot pie.

:: I am in a book club, and it's so. much. fun. We just finished reading The Shack. More than the books we read, I really love the discussion, the picking apart of the plot, the shared camaraderie. Good times.

:: I have been on a furniture-rearranging kick lately. Most of my "free" time today, I dragged around couches, re-hung pictures, and... you know. Generally analyzed and over-analyzed every aspect of my decor till I got sick of it. :) I'm pretty happy with how it turned out though.

:: This running thing only happens for me if I get up at 6:30 and go (and get back) before Dan and the kids are up. If I put it off, it just doesn't happen. All that to say that I'm inordinately tired come nightfall. Sigh.

Have a good night, all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Growing pains

Saturday 7 (x2)

Fresh Air Fund Update