catch up

Playing catch up (again). I ought to just skip a title on my blog posts since all I ever do is review what we're up to!

:: Tristan's birthday is a week from Friday. He is more excited about this than Christmas, for sure. (I actually have separate Christmas and birthday presents for him, so I feel like a good mom, too. ;)) We're celebrating his bday a day early though, because.....

:: My brother Andrew is tying the knot a week from Saturday! We'll all be trekking 5 hours north for the wedding. Dan's parents are flying in on Wed., so since we have to drive to NY on Tristan's birthday (Fri.), we'll be having his party a day early, on Thursday. It will be fun to have both sets of grandparents in attendance! And can I just announce that I feel officially OUT of the baby stage for the first time in 6 years!? Wow. In some ways I am melancholy, but in others, I LOVE it. Sleep, for one thing; great schedules, more freedom for me... it's definitely not all bad! :)

:: Will is flying back to STL with Dan's parents on Christmas Day to spend 5 days with them ALL BY HIMSELF. He is soooo excited about this! The rest of us will be driving out (in my parents' RV!) on 12/29ish and spending New Years' there. I can't wait to see all my family that I haven't seen since the summer! And, I have a new nephew who is squishy and cute and who needs his aunt Sarah in a bad way. ;)

:: Anna, Abby and I are all angels in BMHA's live nativity. We have 2 nights of rehearsals (starting tonight) and 3 nights of performances back to back! I have NEVER been gone from home for5 straight nights before. Thankfully Dan is a terrific dad, and the kids will probably enjoy dinner and bedtime even more with just him! :) If you live around here, come out and see us! It's at 6 & 8 on Fri. and Sat., and 6 on Sun. If you text me that you're coming, I'll come say hi! You can even get a picture with me in full angel regalia. ;)

:: Dan and I hosted part of a neighborhood progressive party on Saturday night, and it was so much fun! My mom helped me decorate (and clean!) for the party, and my house really looks festive and pretty. We have the tree up, presents wrapped and under it, live garland around all the doorways, etc. Hosting a party definitely kicked me into high gear Christmas-wise, and now that I am done, I am so glad we did it! The party itself was a blast, and now I have nothing left to do (well, in a manner of speaking) till Christmas!

:: Guess that's about it. I have lunch cleanup to do before naps/quiet time, and while Will is amiably building Legos, Hallie and Tristan are playing a very loud and violent version of ring around the rosy. :) I better go before the crying breaks out! Have a great Christmas if I don't post again before then! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Growing pains

Saturday 7 (x2)

June-Sept. 2017 Recap. (Yikes!)