Bread

I have a standby bread recipe that I use in my breadmaker literally every time I'm making bread. A few times, when I've have had extra time (like today) I have thrown all the dry ingredients into 3 or 4 ziploc bags and tossed them in the freezer. This is hugely helpful for those times when it's 4:30 and (almost) all I have to do is pull a bag out of the oven and dump it in the breadmaker. Here's my recipe:

In a baggie (or in your breadmaker) combine:
2.5 c bread flour
3 tsp. yeast
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 c quick oats (if you're out of quick oats like I was tonight, throw some rolled oats in the blender for a few seconds and *voila*: quick oats. :)) (Which reminds me of a time recently that I saw "voila" spelled "wallah" on a blog comment. At first I was thoroughly confused but then it dawned on me..... WOW.)

When you're ready to make bread, dump a baggie into your machine (or to the ingredients already in there,) add:

1 cup very warm water
1.5 tbsp honey AND butter

I use my machine's "super rapid" setting, which is 59 min. It's amazing to me that with just one hour's foresight, I can have warm, homemade bread for dinner! Love it. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Growing pains

Saturday 7 (x2)

Fresh Air Fund Update