Thoughts on Lent

I have given up facebook for Lent. I think that fact alone has pushed me back into blogging. I apparently have an insatiable need to be heard by the cyber-world. ;) Not that I actually have ever "done Lent" before, as I am not Catholic, nor has any church I've attended in my life promoted this practice. However... it is really just self-discipline, of which I am surely in sore need in my life.

I was talking with our pastor last week about how the church has dropped so much of its traditional liturgy and practices as it's become more modern, and we both agreed, it's a shame. One of the best posts I've read recently on the keeping of Lent is this. She so succinctly summarizes so much about why Lent (or self-denial) is a good thing. I've been thinking to myself so often lately: Who is really free? The couch potato or the trained athlete? I love the analogy, because it's so true.

I hope to be blogging more frequently in the next month. We will see how that pans out. :)

Comments

  1. I did the same thing! I sure get a lot more accomplished without facebook :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Growing pains

Saturday 7 (x2)

Fresh Air Fund Update