Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Two Weeks Yesterday

... since Gotcha Day.

I can't believe that two weeks I wrote about has already come and gone. It has been so amazing, but I am just so aware these are moments I will never get back. I am just trying to soak up every minute with my precious, brand-new, 7-month-old baby girl. I just want to freeze time-- sometimes it feels like such a rip-off that we just got her and already she will be turning 8 months old. :(

It has been such an awesome and amazing journey to our little girl. Sometimes I just feel myself welling up with love... just so grateful that she is ours. Of all the babies in the entire world... God knew she was supposed to be ours. And she is perfect; she fits our family so well. She's like the missing piece we never knew was missing, until she came home and now, all is right with the world.

Except for sleeping. We kinda hit the ground running the week we got home, and haven't slowed down since. Olivia (now called 'Livia, Livi, Livi Lou or "honnnnneeeyyyy" [if you are Hallie]) has had no chance at all to develop a new schedule. She's been napping on the run and crashing late at night for a few hours. Her normal night is from about midnight to 4 or 5 am... then she naps heavily during the day... which has gotta change. Today is Day One of Revamp the Sleep Schedule training. She is allowed one two-hour nap in the morning and one in the afternoon. And as much as it pains me, (how many times have I heard/said, "NEVER WAKE A SLEEPING BABY" ???) I have to go in there and wake her up. Earlier, I started to wake her by calling her name and kissing her cheek, and in her sleep, she lifted her head and grinned! Then flopped back down to sleep. It's hard... but these nights are even harder!! Wish me luck. :)

I find myself so grateful these days. Thankful for health, life, love, community, family. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment