DVD Review: What's in the Bible?

                                       978-1-4143-3632-9.jpg.gif


This DVD series, What's in the Bible, is brand new from VeggieTales creator Phil Vischer. Since my kids (like all kids, right?!) love VeggieTales, I was excited to receive the first three episodes from Tyndale House Publishers for review. 

My kids LOVE these DVDs. They are easily the most-requested DVDs in our house! They are funny, smart, entertaining, and best of all, Bible-based and chock-full of good solid Bible teaching! Just two days ago Will told me, "Mommy, I know what the Pentateuch is." Since I actually wasn't sure on the answer, I faked it and challenged him: "No, you don't!" He proudly (and correctly) replied that it is the first five books of the Bible. I have watched these DVDs with my kids, and feel like I get more solid on my understanding of the Old Testament books of Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy every time! Even though these DVDs are aimed at kids, the content is not elementary. They cover concepts like the physical vs. the spiritual kingdom of God, and God's reasons for all those "weird laws" found in the early books of the Bible.

I am planning to sit down and write a bunch of questions based on the content of these DVDs and use them a supplement for Will and Hallie's Bible curriculum this fall. As far as content, and understanding the why behind what's written in the Bible, these DVDs are unparalleled. It's sort of like a Worldview Academy for the elementary set!

If interested, you can visit www.whatsinthebible.com for more information.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Growing pains

Saturday 7 (x2)

June-Sept. 2017 Recap. (Yikes!)