music




I have been listening to Chris Rice a lot lately. His stuff is just good. I play it in the kitchen while I'm cooking/feeding kids, and at night when I'm doing stuff around the house. I love all his albums, but lately I've been listening to the "Peace Like A River: The Hymns Project" album to start, and then letting it run on shuffle from there. The old hymns have such good theology. It's something I truly miss in modern worship music. Where are the lines like "He to rescue me from danger, interposed His precious blood" or "When my eyes shall close in death; when I rise to worlds unknown and behold Thee on Thy throne" or "Let goods and kindred go, this mortal life also; the body they may kill; God's truth abideth still" or "Oh that day when, free from sinning, I shall see Thy lovely face; clothed then in blood-washed linen, how I'll sing Thy songs of grace." Where are they? Are they too un-PC for Reuben Morgan?? :b

Anyway, just thought I'd share. There is nothing like the old hymns to remind you of what you believe and why!! :)

Comments

  1. I totally agree with you! The lyrics in those old hymns are just so RICH. I always love when we depart from the modern stuff to revisit the classics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love hymns as well. And you are SO right about the theology. Most modern praise and worship songs seem to be "feel good" music sometimes. A couple of my favorite hymns are "It is Well with my Soul" and "In Christ Alone". I may have to check out this CD... Blessings on your day, amiga! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. there's a lot of CCM that i've "grown out of," so to speak. most of it i find hopeless tacky, and poor in quality. but i think i can honestly say that chris rice is someone i will never, ever grow out of. still love him!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Growing pains

June-Sept. 2017 Recap. (Yikes!)

Catch Up Post