The Tree is Up!

The past few days have been full of christmas decorating. The stockings are hung (all six of them-- yay!) and most of my Christmas/winter decor is up. This afternoon Tristan was feeling a little under the weather so I stayed home with him and Olivia while Dan took Will, Hallie and two of my sisters to the tree farm to get our tree. We spent the evening dancing to "All I Want for Christmas is You" and hanging ornaments and stringing lights and... just having fun and being silly. I really wanted to break out the cookies and hot chocolate, but all the kids have been fighting colds the last week, and I figured the last thing their immune systems needed was a sugar blast! Much to my own disappointment...

Anyway, the holidays are in full swing around here and I couldn't be happier!! A cookie exchange with friends is happening next week, and I'm making these little babies. So simple, and yet still one of my favorite christmas cookies ever!

I am very much looking forward to staying home for the holidays this year. Snowy outdoors, a toasty fires indoors and four adorable children who are very excited about Christmas make this mama's heart warm. I am so blessed, in so many ways!                                                                                                                                    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Growing pains

Saturday 7 (x2)