March 21

I stink at updating my blog. I sometimes think about updating but for some reason I get a procrastinating mental fog and don't want to do it. So I don't. It's partly because I feel like I have such an amazing and blessed life, that when I write about it I feel kinda like I'm bragging. On the other hand, everyone has issues, but when I want to write about those things, I feel like I'm whiny and have such a blessed life that I should never complain. It's not a big deal, but it's enough to be slightly prohibitive when I go to post. Also as I've said before, I'm kinda over the whole "sharing my life with the world" thing. And honestly, not to be rude, but I can think of a whole lot of things I'd rather be doing than blogging in my rather limited free time.

Anyway. While I'm at it I might as well share a little of what we've been up to!
:: My family (and Dan's parents and a bunch of our friends) all celebrated my dad's 60th birthday last week on a cruise to the Bahamas. It was a great experience; the first time cruising for most of us! My dad was totally surprised by it (my mom pulled it off so well) and we all had a really fun time. (If you're friends with sister Anna on Facebook, she has an album of pictures up!)

:: A friend and I have been getting up at 6am to walk 3 miles every Monday morning. It's a great way to start the week, chatting and being out in the fresh air.

:: Dan got a new job! As of April 1 he will be the new head of security (I forgot the fancy new title) of an NGO called Convoy of Hope. He will be traveling domestically as well as internationally and we are both excited about the possibilities this brings for our family.

:: I would really like to get the new iPad. Yes, I know I am very spoiled to already have the first iPad, but I rationalize that with Dan headed out on the road a lot more, having the dual camera and facetime action will be worth the extra expense. Yes? Probably not, but that's what I like to tell myself. :) Speaking of iGadgets, my iPhone 3gs contract was up last month. So the question is, do I get the 4 now or hold out a few more months and spring for the 5? I think I am going to try to hold out.. we will see.

:: Hallie has absolutely taken off with reading. Her very favorite thing to do is sit and read books, preferably to one or both of her brothers, but if they are uninterested/unavailable, she is happy to read to herself as well. She is reading everything she can get her hands on, including books I thought were way beyond her abilities. I have no idea how this happens, really. The human brain is an amazing thing!

:: My brothers and I and a few other assorted relatives of ours have taken to playing an online version of Risk. Dude, it's so much fun. It makes me miss the days of being a kid when you could legitimately spend 4 or 5 hours playing Monopoly or Risk and no one thought a thing of it. Ahhh responsibility... it's so overrated.. ;)

:: Will wants nothing more than a CAT for his birthday in July. Will this signify the return of a furry pet to our family? Stay tuned... (I specify "furry" bc Hallie's pet fish Pumpkin has been alive and well for nearly a year now. She feeds him (her?) and changes the tank water, completely on her own, every week. She had turned into quite the responsible little pet owner.)

:: I did some bedroom rearranging this morning. Hallie and Tristan are sharing a room now, and Olivia has the former girls' room to herself. Miss O is not sleeping reliably through the night yet, causing Hallie to bail to our room or Tristan's room nightly. So this arrangement makes much more sense. I also have to make a trip to Philly early next month, and am making an IKEA stop while I'm there. Tristan is getting this new bed-- isn't it great? He and Hallie are super into building forts, so this bed will provide a great place for them to do that-- without dragging furniture around and making a total "mess" of things.

Comments

  1. Glad to hear things are going well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Sarah, I for one love that you keep us updated. I never feel like your bragging or boo-hoo-ing! Also, too funny, I was on IKEA's web-site this morning looking at that exact bed:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a fun update! You guys have a lot going on huh!? We recently rearranged bedrooms so that the kids all sleep in the same bedroom. It kind of looks like an orphanage with wall to wall beds! LOL! And I'm a tad bit jealous as I read about Hallie's reading. We are still plodding along with Jocelyn. I'm hoping and praying that soon we see a leap forward!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Growing pains

Saturday 7 (x2)

June-Sept. 2017 Recap. (Yikes!)