"Don't think me unscathed, but,
I have decided to love beautiful things"
My friend Alison tagged me in a bloggy game! Thanks Alison! Now I get to answer some fun questions and tag a few of you.
What do you think of when you the hear the word tag?
Playing freeze tag, TV tag, or Indian tag as a kid. Apparently we were really into tag. ;) Do you think you're hot?
My current working theory is that every girl is hot... she just doesn't know it. :) Upload a picture or wallpaper that you're using at the moment. It's a cute picture of Hallie wearing a sunhat. Unfortunately after a cursory look through iPhoto, I can't find it, and am not savvy enough (and do not have enough time) to go searching for the file. Sorry.
When was the last time you ate chicken?
Last night! We grilled chicken, grilled corn and grilled yellow squash. YUM, and Dan does all the grilling, so bonus for me. The song(s) you listened to recently.
songs from the Walk the Line soundtrack What were you thinking as you were doing this?
If I'll actually be able to finish this whole thing in one sitting! Do you have nicknames? What are they?
My sibs are big on nicknames. :0 Tricia, Acwat, Sare, Roz, Sass.... Do mama, mommy, and babe count??
Jenni! My penpal through CEF since... 2nd or 3rd grade I think! We traded letter between Grandview, MO and Bear Creek, PA all through our growing-up years, and we finally met in person after I married and moved to MO. She recently had her first baby and has started a fun blog about all things domestic! :)
Say something about No. 5
Ashlie.... we met in the Philly airport on our way to Ethiopia. I have a special place in my heart for all the mamas I met in ET last summer. <3 How did you get to know No. 3?
She is my cousin. She's one of 11 and I'm one of 9. Our family get-togethers growing up were always a blast, although in retrospect, they were probably a ton of work for our parents, and we kids were just too oblivious and intent on having fun together to notice. :)
How about No. 4?
Nichole was my very first friend in MO! Her husband Brian and Dan went to school together as kids and have a long history of causing trouble together, one that continues to this day. ;) When I lived in MO, Nichole and I would get together for marathon scrapbooking nights, complete with girl-talk and snacks (usually candy- my fave.) Scrapbooking by myself in PA is not nearly as motivating.
Leave a message for No. 6.
You better walk with me on Sunday!! ;)
Leave a lovey dovey message for No. 2.
Anna, you are sweet, smart, and motivated. I am so happy that you are my sister and can't wait to see where God takes you in life! I know Honduras this fall is going to be a blast! :)
Do No. 7 and No. 8 have any similarities?
Amanda and Kak.... hmm..... they both love to laugh! And they both love someone who's been adopted into their lives. And I love them both! :)
I want to be less melancholy that my kids are getting older.
I want to be thankful that they are healthy
I want to fully live in the moment
of the time we've been given.
Who knows when a day will be our last?
I hope and pray it is far far away, but nothing is a given
and aching for the past only insults the present.
I want to OWN every minute of my days
with a grateful heart
and open hands.
The future is a glorious thing
but today is what we've been given
and today is all we have.
1. We had the best trip to Honduras and Guatemala last week! We got home Monday night around 12:30am and the week since then has basically been been me trying to get back on top of laundry, homeschooling, groceries, christmas prep, etc. etc. Crazy-ville... but totally worth it!
2. Thursday Dec. 8: (My sister Emily turns 28!) On the other side of the world, we drove to Philly the night before and stayed in a airport hotel before our 6am flight out to Atlanta that morning. We arrived in San Pedro Sula around 2pm, got through customs and rented a little truck and drove 1.5 hours to Tela, a town on the northern (Caribbean) coast of Honduras.
3. Friday: We spent all day at Telamar, a resort on the ocean. I think the kids loved the lack of restrictions on the waterslides the best of all! :) We did human trains down the slide, slid backwards, upside down and on our knees. We timed each other ...and had the best time!
4. Saturday: After packing up and heading out for SPS, we ended up getting …
1. Well apparently my Saturday 7 posting died a swift and painless death back in April and I never looked back. I do think aiming to post every week was a little overly ambitious, even for a wordy person like me. The real issue is that I don't get on the computer much anymore. I was looking back at my old blog (check out xanga.com/sarahellie for a real TBT ;)) I think I might try to print that whole blog into a book; it's pretty much the only record I have of that time. I've been printing my insta pics into yearly books since 2012 so I have that era down... and then I switched to here. I'm really just missing the years 2000-2003 (the three-ish years Dan and I were married without kids. I kinda wish I had some kind of record about those years. What did we even do all day!?) Also this blog has large holes in its timeline as well. What can I say, I'm just not that great at sitting down to record our days. However, I'm sure one day I will look back at these writin…