Growing pains

I want to be less melancholy that my kids are getting older.
Growing up.
I want to be thankful that they are healthy
and happy
and safe.

I want to fully live in the moment
of the time we've been given.
Who knows when a day will be our last?
I hope and pray it is far far away, but nothing is a given
and aching for the past only insults the present.

I want to OWN every minute of my days
with a grateful heart
and open hands.
The future is a glorious thing
but today is what we've been given
and today is all we have.

Be grateful.


Comments

  1. Love this! Thanks for the reminder... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! It is beautiful to grow older gracefully and enjoy all the stages with our kids!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I want to OWN every minute of my days
    with a grateful heart
    and open hands."

    I love that! And I really needed to read it right now... this was a great post for me as I was recently sad that I'm almost not a teen anymore, but I'm slowly learning to appreciate each moment; not fretting on the past or future. Living in each moment I am in, whatever it may bring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I just stumbled across your blog via Pinterest (I pinned this little bit of wisdom you posted about). I am also posting about the privilege of aging on my blog, stop by if you get a chance!

    http://lostandfound-bailee.blogspot.com/2011/11/sunday-sayings_13.html

    Hope your having a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I saw this on Pinterest too. I am taking care of my 90 year old mother. She has traveled the world numerous times, lived through the Depression, has had more than 9 full and healthy lives until now...in decline...alone...nearly every one else is gone. I wonder about this idea. Me thinks it should be a topic of discussion, and I'm sure my mother would agree.
    Wisdom has made me change my idea personally. I would much rather go out in a bang. Comments?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw this on Pinterest as well! Great post!

    ReplyDelete

Popular posts from this blog

Saturday 7 (x2)

Fresh Air Fund Update