// life

:: We're a family of 7! Christina joined our family early last month. She's 16 and I am over my head playing catch up in the world of public high schools, girl drama, BOY drama, lil Wayne posters and messy bedrooms. Welcome to the world of parenting a teenager I guess. :) Last Sunday's message was SUCH A GREAT REMINDER to love people. People who don't look like us, talk like us, act like us, think like us. Jesus did. And God can be changing someone on the inside before there is any evidence of those changes of the outside. Jesus didn't wait for me to my act together before he loved me unconditionally. Why should I do be any different? She is really a very sweet girl and I am thankful for her being around, especially when Dan is gone travelling for work.

:: I turned 30 yesterday. Goodbye 20's. Hello downhill slide to 40! I hope in this next decade I learn to fully embrace who I am. Every part-- the good the bad, the ugly, the uncomfortable and the stretching. I loved my 20's. They were so good to me! They gave me all 4 of my lovely babies (and a 5th crazy kid to boot.) I hope that I love my 30s just as much, and that I leave them as full and satisfied as I am now leaving my 20s! :)

:: The older two started gymnastics a few weeks ago and they're loving it! It gives me two hours to run errands with the little two (which is amazingly easier than doing them with 4!) Hallie can turn perfect cartwheels already, which makes her very happy.

:: School is going so well! My big 1st and 2nd graders are pros at knocking out their bookwork so they can do fun stuff like play hair salon, build legos, ride bikes or jump on the trampoline. Speaking of school.. I decided to go back and finish my degree. Not sure why I thought that was a good idea right now, but at any rate, I'm plugging away at it! I hope to have my BA in English or History in less than 2 years. We will see if that actually happens!

:: I would like to try to update more often... maybe once a week? I will have to try to come up with a way of making that happen. Until then, have a great night! :)

Comments

  1. So, somehow I've missed your blog updates the past few months for some reason. We got your Christmas card and saw an unfamiliar face! lol I love watching your family grow with God's leading. Thank you for being an example of God's love. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Growing pains

Saturday 7 (x2)

Fresh Air Fund Update