I want to be less melancholy that my kids are getting older.
I want to be thankful that they are healthy
I want to fully live in the moment
of the time we've been given.
Who knows when a day will be our last?
I hope and pray it is far far away, but nothing is a given
and aching for the past only insults the present.
I want to OWN every minute of my days
with a grateful heart
and open hands.
The future is a glorious thing
but today is what we've been given
and today is all we have.
1. We had the best trip to Honduras and Guatemala last week! We got home Monday night around 12:30am and the week since then has basically been been me trying to get back on top of laundry, homeschooling, groceries, christmas prep, etc. etc. Crazy-ville... but totally worth it!
2. Thursday Dec. 8: (My sister Emily turns 28!) On the other side of the world, we drove to Philly the night before and stayed in a airport hotel before our 6am flight out to Atlanta that morning. We arrived in San Pedro Sula around 2pm, got through customs and rented a little truck and drove 1.5 hours to Tela, a town on the northern (Caribbean) coast of Honduras.
3. Friday: We spent all day at Telamar, a resort on the ocean. I think the kids loved the lack of restrictions on the waterslides the best of all! :) We did human trains down the slide, slid backwards, upside down and on our knees. We timed each other ...and had the best time!
4. Saturday: After packing up and heading out for SPS, we ended up getting …
1. Well apparently my Saturday 7 posting died a swift and painless death back in April and I never looked back. I do think aiming to post every week was a little overly ambitious, even for a wordy person like me. The real issue is that I don't get on the computer much anymore. I was looking back at my old blog (check out xanga.com/sarahellie for a real TBT ;)) I think I might try to print that whole blog into a book; it's pretty much the only record I have of that time. I've been printing my insta pics into yearly books since 2012 so I have that era down... and then I switched to here. I'm really just missing the years 2000-2003 (the three-ish years Dan and I were married without kids. I kinda wish I had some kind of record about those years. What did we even do all day!?) Also this blog has large holes in its timeline as well. What can I say, I'm just not that great at sitting down to record our days. However, I'm sure one day I will look back at these writin…