Finis!

After 12 years and 4 kids, as of tomorrow, I am finally FINISHED with my B.A. in English!

YAY.

For my final project, I designed a family-friendly guide to the city of Philadelphia.

Here's the link if anyone wants to check it out.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/147922882/The-Simple-Family-Friendly-Visitor-s-Guide-to-Philly


And here's to me: no more homework! :D


ETA: I did not post this the other night but I actually struggled greatly in this class with my grades. I have thus far in my academic career been a straight A student; with the exception of a B in A&P and a [proud] C in College Algebra [hence the English major,] I have never had to worry about failing a class. Well, fairly early on in this class I realized after getting a 20 (!) and a 30 (!!!) on two pieces I'd submitted for my final project that I was clearly not understanding what my prof was looking for. I'm a hard worker and not afraid of doing what is needed to earn a grade, but despite my careful perusal of the directions and hard work, I was still somehow at risk of not passing the class. (This project posted above is accompanied by a 25-pg. research paper and 15 pg. PowerPoint just fyi. A LOT of time and effort went into this class!)

Anyway, my prof emailed this morning to say that although I had struggled to "show progression" of my work over the course of the class, my final project was "excellent" and she was giving me the A. Whew. At this point, I would've been quite content to pass with a D... but it sure is nice to finish strong.

... and now, let the summer truly begin! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Growing pains

June-Sept. 2017 Recap. (Yikes!)

Catch Up Post