worship and dishes: a winning combo

Tonight we had our first spring dinner outside on the back porch... I made risotto (a perennial family fave) and sautéed mushrooms ... and leftover roasted brussels sprouts. It was lovely to sit outside in the fresh almost-spring air and listen to the kids' chatter and Dan's laugh and watch our crazy happy dog chasing birds in the yard. I love just being with my little fam.

After dinner, I offered to clean up and Dan offered to take the kids out in the woods for awhile to give me a quiet house. I love Hillsong Live's pandora station -- it always seems to "speak" to me, exactly when and where I need it. 

Tonight these lyrics echoed around my heart as I scrubbed pans and loaded dishes:

Everlasting:
Your light will shine when all else fades

Never ending:
Your glory goes beyond all fame

And the cry of my heart
Is to bring You praise

From the inside out
Lord my soul cries out

~~

SO. GOOD.

I love good lyrics paired with good melodies. As I have little to no talent in either of those area, I really appreciate it when someone else can pair the two and the result is that my very soul can rise and respond in kind:

Praise the Lord, my soul, 
and forget not all his benefits... 
who forgives all your sins, 
who redeems your life from the pit and 
crowns you with love and compassion...

The Lord is compassionate and gracious,
slow to anger, abounding in love...
For as high as the heavens are above the earth,
so great is his love for those who fear him...

(pieces of Psalm 103)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Growing pains

Saturday 7 (x2)