when in doubt...

...gird yourself up with truth:

// It is the Lord who goes before me. He lights my way and makes my path straight. I do not need to fear what tomorrow will bring. All things are in his hands, and he is working all things for my good, because I love him.

// I keep my eyes on the prize that is set before me. I run the race and know that I am seen by an audience of One. He knows my innermost thoughts; he knit me together, even my innermost being.

// I am confident that he began a good work in me, and he will see it to completion. When the going gets rough, I will lift my eyes and focus on the joy that is set before me. I will run and not grow weary; I will walk and not grow faint.

// Because I love the Lord, he will rescue me. He will protect me; I will call upon him and he will answer me; her will deliver and honor me. Surely, I would have grown faint and fallen had the Lord not been by my side. He is my helper and my refuge.

// The Lord is sovereign. All of my days are in his hands. I know that he has a plan for me, and I will unwaveringly trust in his goodness.

// The Lord is gracious and kind... slow to anger, abounding in love. As high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is his love for me. He remembers my frame; knows that I am dust. The Lord is gracious and kind... gracious and kind... gracious and kind.

((this has been a stream-of-consciousness thought-dump; any biblical inaccuracies are mine))
~ ~ ~

"Grace cannot prevail...until our lifelong certainty that someone is keeping score has run out of steam and collapsed." - Robert Farrar Capon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Growing pains

Saturday 7 (x2)

Fresh Air Fund Update