Another Couple of Weeks Recap

1. We got home early Friday morning from a week spent in Kansas City, helping Pop & Mima move into/ unpack/ decorate their new house in Kansas City. It was a great week spent working hard and filled with lot of laughs, time with family, and good food. (All my favorite things.) :)

2. We had a bit of a fiasco getting home from MO. Long story short, we ended up driving 9 hours  home from Charlotte NC and yesterday, on one of the most beautiful weekends of the summer, we had to drive to NYC to get my van back. Ugh. The upside is that we were able to pick up Selina to spend another week with us! Downside is that Laguardia's parking is a complete & total nightmare.

3. I'm not ready for school to start. One week from Monday?! Yuck. Yuck. Yuck. This means we have one week left to finish our summer bucket list items, including bike riding to a local deli for lunch and having a family water fight!

4. The Olympics are in full swing but since we don't have cable (insert annoyed, angry face) I can't watch them except for recap clips. (I am mostly just annoyed that the kids don't get to witness my hard core fandom.)

5. Will is getting braces in 3 weeks... poor kiddo. But all his friends are too, so I don't feel too bad. ;)

6. It has been HOT here the last week! Selena requested that we go blueberry picking this week, so I'm hoping there are still berries left on the bushes. Somehow I haven't even gotten out to the farm once this summer! Our pancakes will be in sad shape this winter.

7. Our summer travels have come to an end, which makes me both sad and happy. I don't mind the slower pace of life, but I sure do love the ability to pick up and go as well. Sigh. That's life, isn't it?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Growing pains

Saturday 7 (x2)

Fresh Air Fund Update