Monday, August 1, 2016

Couple of Weeks Recap

1. 21 days left of summer break. I AM NOT EVEN KIDDING. Make it stop.

2. We've had a really busy/fun couple of weeks. I took the kids to the beach for a few days last week. We stayed in Cape May and it was busy and hot and fun. We got to see friends we hadn't seen all year (who happened to be at the shore as well!) which was so fun.

3. Did anyone else watch the RNC and DNC? Man. I can't even believe this year in politics. Dumb and dumber. Although I did like both Obama's speeches (especially Michelle's "when they go low, we go high." yes!). For as many policy differences as I have with the Obama's, I have so appreciated their focus on good parenting, keeping their marriage strong, and maintaining 8 years of a scandal-free White House.

4. My two closest-age sisters Emily & Anna have returned/moved to their homes in Rwanda and Central America. It's always sooooo fun for me when they are home and just crushing when they leave. I have low-grade depression for days afterward, no joke. Sisters who live near each other: appreciate it!! My 3 little sisters are home for a couple more months before they head off to college in NC, and home in FL.

5. I suppose I am ready (IN SOME WAYS ONLY) to return to the structure and routine of the school year. My personal goals really need daily routine to be achieved and while I LOVE summer with all my heart, I know that goals and good habits are good for me. I suppose I will reluctantly embrace the school year when it gets here. MAYBE.

6. Friday I drove 162 miles home from the beach with the kiddos. Saturday I drove 202 miles (roundtrip) to my cousin's engagement cookout with Olivia. Sunday, my friend and I drove 248 miles with the three younger kids to pick up my niece and nephew from Laguardia (they are here for the week!) Over 600 miles in 3 days is for sure a record for me! (Minus our road trips to MO of course :))

7. My kids have their cousins here for the week... and they are so happy. Bonus for me is that I am way more efficient at getting stuff done when the kids are happily occupied for hours on end. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment