Saturday 7 (x3)

Somehow the last three weekends have gotten away from me and I haven't even stopped to write anything down! Back to school is always a crazy stressful hectic fun exciting time... but I'm not sure I can blame it entirely on that! At any rate, here's some of what we've been up to for the last 3 weeks. (I write a lot about the stuff that takes up most of my days {homeschooling, kids sports/etc. practices, time spent at the lake...} so today I'm going to try to write about the other "invisible" things that make up daily life around here!

1. I started bullet journaling last week. I read this article: http://www.thelazygeniuscollective.com/blog/how-to-bullet-journal and just decided to jump in. So far so good. I still use google calendars though. :)

2. I made a new year's resolution last year to work out (loosely defined as breaking a sweat for 30ish minutes) 3x/week this year. I can't say I've made it 3x every week, but I'd say I've done 2-3 most weeks... and that's pretty good for someone who sticks to exercise habits like ...nothing ever. -___- I'm an all-or-nothing "train for a triathlon or half marathon then do jack squat for the next 6 months" girl for sure. So I'm pretty proud of the consistency even if the results of all my efforts are negligible. (Why does food have to be so goooooood.... ;) haha)

3. I've been going through 8 years of homeschooling material and listing what I don't need online. It's so nice to clean out my shelves and get rid of stuff... especially stuff that other people can use! Speaking of homeschooling, (while I love the education and experience that my older two kids are getting at our local public charter school, and wouldn't change a thing about it!) homeschooling does have its perks. This morning it was cold (in the 40's) after a long spell of hot weather, and Tristan asked to build a fire in our back porch fireplace. After he used up the few logs we had left out there, he got out his quad and a rope and is currently out there dragging logs out of the woods so he can keep the fire going. I guess we'll start school a little later this morning. :)

4. We're getting a new fridge today. (I am inordinately excited about this.) I've been looking at them for awhile, as several times this summer we've really needed the extra fridge space. I found the model I'd been looking at for an amazing deal last week (yay labor day sales!) and I'm so happy to not only have a new fridge but to have our old one moving into the garage so we will have overflow space... for every week when I get home with enough food feed the army that is my family!

5. Upcoming fun: Dan's and my 16th anniversary is Friday. However, the only weekend my friend Rachel and I could make work for our biannual hiking trip this fall was this one, so Dan graciously offered to let me go anyway! Very excited to get back out on the trail again. We are planning to do 18.5 miles if all goes well. Then in October, Dan's parents are coming for a weekend so he and I can get away! We haven't been away overnight in about 18 months, so that will be fantastic. The following weekend, we are meeting up with some of our old friends from our first church in St. Louis for a camping weekend in Ohio. We haven't seen each other since we were all newlyweds, and now we have 10 kids between us! Should be a great time. :) And finally, my sister in law Liz and I are hoping to do a backpacking trip together at the end of October. We've been trying to plan something for a year, and it looks like it might finally come together! We're hoping to do Canyonlands and Arches National Parks, Which would be a dream come true/bucket list/amazing birthday present to myself! Speaking of which, I turn 35 in a couple months... yikes.

6. The kids had a four-day weekend over Labor Day, and it was so perfect. We went camping for two nights and played at the lake, sat around a bonfire with neighbors and friends, and played manhunt way into the evening. I'm so grateful for our community and friends here. We have so much to be grateful for!

7. My sister Anna got engaged a couple weeks ago and we are sooooo excited for her! We are hoping to get down to Guatemala to see her and meet her fiancé Kennet in December. Yay for love and summer weddings ...and travel to warm places in winter! (haha)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Growing pains

Saturday 7 (x2)