Happy New Year (Reading Recap)

In 2015 I read 82 books.
In 2016 I read 60 books.
My goal for 2017 is 75!
I'd like to say this was because I was so busy doing other, more important things, but I think the truth is that I just didn't get sucked into the plot of as many books this year as I did last year. I read a lot of good books but for me to have really high numbers, I need to be reading obsessively-- while I'm stirring a pot of soup, while I'm walking down the driveway to get the kids off the bus-- and that didn't happen much this year. Which is ok! I'm not all about the numbers anyway, I just think it's interesting to note the differences.

Anyway. Here are my top 10 favorite books I read in 2016.

1. Hillbilly Elegy by J.D. Vance
2. The Age of Miracles by Karen Thompson Walker
3. A Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towles
4. Everyone Brave is Forgiven by Chris Cleave
5. When Breath Becomes Air by Paul Kalinithi
6. For the Love by Jen Hatmaker
7. The Gilded Years by Karin Tanabe
8. The Thousandth Floor by Katherine McGee
9. Before the Fall by Noah Hawley
10. Brown Girl Dreaming by Jacquline Woodson.

My family wants me to come make waffles now so I may or may not come back and update this with summaries of why I loved each book. :)

Comments

  1. I felt the same about my reading life in 2015 and 2016!! 2015 still sticks out to me in my mind of an overall stellar year while 2016 was just ok.

    For your top list, I've only read (or am currently reading)3 so I need to get on the rest.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Growing pains

Saturday 7 (x2)