Catch Up Post

1. I can't believe I haven't written since the middle of February! Time really got away from me there. I need to get away from trying to blog on the weekends. It is never convenient since Dan is home and we are almost always busy going/doing stuff. Blogging midweek is probably more likely to succeed.... but "Saturday 7" has such a good ring to it. What am I going to call it now, the Thursday Three? Ugh.

2. We have done a fair but of traveling since mid-Feb. We were in FL for a long weekend which was SO nice. Sun, and sand and sea fixes most winter-y things (temporarily, anyway :)) The following weekend some dear friends from RI visited, and we went snow tubing and had a blast together. We also took the kids skiing in VT for a weekend in March... it's so much stinking FUN having kids who are all able to do things (like ski) and to be able to have family time all together like that... such a blessing.

3. Dan was gone in Pittsburgh for two weeks recently, the first of which his parents were in town for, which was lovely for me and the kids! We all sure love having Pop and Mima visit. That weekend I met up with Dan's sister for a girls' weekend in Asheville (and got to see my sister Abby while we were at it!)

4. Dan is off to Pgh again tonight (hence my late-night blogging in bed ;)) The state is short-staffed so the east team often gets called to help out west. It's annoying bc he has to drive 4-5 hours each way... but what can you do? I'm grateful he has a job he loves and that he is so good at.

5. The weather lately has been fabuloso. 60's and 70's and 80's and cloudless skies and sunny... Really perfect. We have been outside as much as possible!! I can't wait for kayaking and swimming weather. On Sunday afternoon we had a bunch of Dan's friends over (plus wives and kids ;)) with their machines and we all went out into the woods for like 6 hours! We had a cookout, and the kids played and the guys raced around... so fun.

6. Random kid stuff: Will made it into the National Jr. Honor Society and is very happy about it. He is also the jester in the school production of a Yankee in King Arthur's Court which is in 2 weeks! He's leaving tomorrow for a 2-day conference with our youth group... the fact that I have a kid doing youth group things is quite weird.

Hallie had her annual flute recital last week and did great! She and I are also working on a quilt together. It's slow going (she seems to have lost motivation rather quickly...) but it's been fun sewing and working together on it. She is a voracious reader and Fuller House fan.

Tristan has finally, after 5+ years of schooling and much finagling on my part, fallen in love with reading. For the first time EVER in his LIFE, he voluntarily read a book (a real book ;))  this week... just because he wanted to! Praise the Lord for the authors who write kid books about Vikings and mystery. Apparently it was just the ticket. :) He and I have been working on a fairy house together in an old mossy stump, which has been so fun.

Olivia is keeping us all humble, and adding the spice and variety to life that we all desperately need. :) She taught herself to land a front flip on the trampoline which she is very proud of. She also caught her bunny today, who had run away a few days ago and had been living under the front porch. :)

7. Happy Easter! It looks like we will be having a "quiet" day with "just" our family...lol.  can't say I'm too bummed about this, to be honest. And on that note, I just realized I left the ham I bought 3 hours ago in the back of the car... better go put that in the fridge. Have a great night everyone. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Growing pains

Saturday 7 (x2)

Fresh Air Fund Update